According to Martin Biddle Nonsuch Mansion “was built between 1731 and 1743 by Joseph Thompson, but greatly enlarged into its present form by the architect Jeffrey Wyatt in 1802-6. The chequer-work wall of flint and chalk on the east side of the house, beside the drive from the car park, is certainly of Tudor date.
Inside the porch of the Mansion House, set into the wall on the right, is a stone, rather crudely inscribed: 1543 HENRICV OCTAVS + 35 (‘1543 Henry the Eighth, the 35th year of his reign’).
The chequered wall and the date stone suggest that the Mansion House occupies the site of, and was perhaps originally converted out of, one of the lodges within the Little Park”.
Between 1802 – 06 a Mansion House, with formal gardens and outhouses, was built at the Cheam end by the then current owner Samuel Farmer, MP for Huntingdon, which replaced an earlier structure. Several generations of his family subsequently lived there. This is now a Grade II* Listed Building and is probably on the site of the former keeper’s lodge.
Information from Epsom and Ewell History Explorer