Leisurely Local Evening Rides
All ages and abilities welcome on these round trip rides with experienced leaders, on near traffic-free byways. This is free to join. Just bring yourself and your bike.
Meet at 7pm, depart 7.10pm at the starting point listed for the ride. Probably back about 9pm but bring lights just in case.
Alternative longer or shorter rides may be available from the same meeting places.
Binoculars could add interest on some rides.
- Thur 19 May Carshalton, Honeywood Lodge by pond parklands
- Tues 24 May Sutton Town Square/Trinity Square, High Street 29th Annual Cloverleaf rides started by the new Mayor of Sutton – plus Dr. Bike (free cycle check) 7 – 9 pm
- Thur 2 June Beddington Church, Church Road parks and farmland
- Mon 6 June Cheam Library, Church Road waterways
- Thurs 16 June Belmont bus stand B2230/Downs Road woods and views
- Wed 22 June Sutton Green (between Sutton High Street/Angel Hill) B2230 Annual Wildlife ride led by Dave Warburton (Biodiversity Officer, LB Sutton)
- Mon 27 June Sparrow Farm Road, junction with London Road (A24) river valley
- Wed 6 July Garth Road, junction with Stonecot Hill windmill plus
- Mon 11 July West Sutton Station, Gander Green Lane valleys and views
- Tue 19 July Mellows Park, Stafford Road, B271, Wallington old favourite
- Thur 28 July Carshalton, Honeywood Lodge by pond Wandle wander
- Tue 2 Aug Fairlands Park, A24 (opp. Lloyd Road) North Cheam lakesides
- Mon 8 Aug Manor Park, Throwley Way B2230 (opp. Throwley Road) finale
Get Sutton Cycling meets monthly at about 7:45pm to campaign to make cycling in the Sutton area an option for everyone.